This document explains Eye Media Publications Limited (EMP) obligations concerning the gathering, storage and deletion of personal information of its advertisers to ensure no information is collected, stored or transmitted unlawfully.
What is data?
Data is information that identifies an individual as a person or business and includes names, contact details and adverts.
Who collects and controls the information?
- The information will be collected and processed by EMP and will always be requested by the Deborah Pottinger/Gillian Willis.
- This may be by post, email, social media or telephone.
- If you are asked for information from someone who appears to be working or acting on behalf of EMP and are unsure of the legitimacy of the request you should always check with us before giving any details.
What information will be collected?
Eye Media Publications Limited (EMP) will store the information which includes:
- Name, address, phone number and email address. This is so we can contact you.
- A record of phone calls, emails or other communication via our website or social media may be collected so we can deal with your enquiries, advertisement and ongoing bookings. (see social media below).
How will the information be used?
- EMP will use the information to maintain our database to send you information with regards to your enquiry, advertisement, our monthly newsletter and your ongoing booking with us.
- EMP will use the information collected for the purposes it was collected for and will not use it for any other ‘incompatible’ purpose.
- EMP may use anonymised statics for internal and financial analysis, reporting, evaluation and quality assurance.
How will Eye Media Publications Limited communicate with you?
- EMP will use the contact details provided in your initial enquiry, subsequent information you pass to us or your advertisement.
- Group emails: will always blind copy information emails.
- EMP will not make any automated pre-recorded marketing calls without specific prior consent.
- EMP will stop sending emails to anyone who objects or opts out of receiving them.
- You can ask us to stop sending newsletters or communications by emailing or writing to who will remove you from the distribution lists.
Where is the information stored?
- All digital information you provide is stored on secure servers and hard copies are securely stored.
- EMP will do its best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our web site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once EMP have received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- By sharing your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How long is the information held for?
- EMP will store information for at least 6 years after your booking ends.
- EMP will store all other information for as long as it is required unless there is a legal obligation to keep it for longer.
Will Eye Media Publications Limited share my data with anyone else?
- EMP does not share or buy data from third parties.
- EMP will not share your personal details with any third party unless consent has been given or there is a legal duty to disclose or share it.
- EMP will send your advert to the printers as part of the monthly publication
Can I see what information Eye Media Publications Limited holds about me?
You can request a copy of your personal information held by EMP however there will be a £10 processing fee. Applications should be made to
Can Eye Media Publications Limited delete my data?
It is within your rights to have all of your data deleted; however you must understand the repercussions:
- If you ask EMP to delete your contact details they will not be able to send you any information, e.g. monthly newsletters, special offers etc.
- Shared material: EMP can remove information or images from its own web site and social media but It cannot remove information or images where the information has been shared and is beyond their control.
How does Eye Media Publications Limited store my payment details?
- Any payment details are stored in a secure and locked facility.
Eye Media Publications Limited Website
- EMP will only use information you have provided and have given permission to use.
- Contact details in the public domain: EMP is not responsible for any inappropriate emails, text message, phishing or marketing that may result from your details being in the public domain. You are advised to use work related contact details and not your home or personal details.
- Web sites collect information such as your IP address, browsing actions and patterns to make your online time more effective and productive. This information does not identify you as an individual.
- EMP may collect this information to make the website more effective, user friendly and better suited to its users.
EMP, like other organisations, might obtain information about general usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They enable EMP to deliver a better website and better browsing by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give EMP access to your computer or any information about you but makes your use of the website easier.
Cookies enable EMP:
- To estimate the audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our site
You may refuse to accept cookies, and remove cookies, via the settings on your browser; however refusing cookies or removing them may restrict access to certain parts of our site.
Your privacy on Social Media
- If you use social media EMP may reply and/or contact you via your personal accounts.
- Please be aware of what you post on social media as the professional standing and reputation of EMP is paramount.
- EMP has the right to block anyone from any “Potters Bar Eye” page or group.
- EMP may share posts, images or material that you post or contribute to “Potters Bar Eye” Social Media sites with other Social Media sites.
- EMP replies on the good practice of their customers. Those using images of children must be able to demonstrate proof of consent by the child’s parent should it be required.
- This includes telesales or mailshots, and can extend to online marketing, social networking or other emerging channels of communication. EMP will require and keep clear records of consent to send you information that is relevant and useful to you and your business.
You can raise a concern about our information rights practices here www.ico.org.uk or by calling 0303 123 1113.